Eye in the Sky
From the photographer: “360° image (fulldome) of the volcanic eruption of August 2015 on Reunion Island. Several elements are interesting to observe on this image. From bottom to top:
– Notice the lights of the hikers joining the best viewpoint.
– The Piton de la Fournaise erupted illuminating a portion of the enclosure.
– In the middle, the band of the Milky Way.
– Also notice the light cone in the upper part of the sky called the Zodiacal Light.
– At the top, the Piton des Neiges.
– Finally, the car headlights crossing the Plaine des Sables.”